The Jamaican trio, Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake, and Warren Weir, gave Jamaica gold, silver, and bronze medals in the 200 meter Olympic finals in London.

Usain Bolt accomplished his gold past winning back to back gold medals in the sprint double. There is no doubt now who is the greatest sprinter of all fourth dimension.

The 25-year-quondam earth record holder clocked a season all-time of 19.32 seconds to pull away with the gilded. While his grooming partner, Yohan Blake, clocked xix.44 seconds for the silver.

Warren Weir, who came into the Olympics every bit a virtual unknown, clocked 19.84 to win bronze. His third place terminate upsets American sprinter Wallace Spearman, who was looking to medal in the race.

Spearman, who is friends with Usain Commodities, cried after the race, just has high praises for the Jamaicans.

"They work hard," Spearman said. "They got a sweep. Give thanks you for always supporting me, I capeesh information technology. I'1000 going to go ahead and work harder. I'grand sorry I allow you lot downwards."

This is the first time a country other than the U.s. ever sweeps the men'southward 200 meter finals.

"For me, it's always going to be about the 200 meters," Usain Bolt said after taking his victory lap. "I've really defended a lot of time to information technology. It'southward become easy to me."

The Jamaican sprint team now has their eyes set on the 4X100 meter relays set for this weekend.

gallery